About Juliette

The journey of a 2 year old dealing with speech and other developmental delays.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Day at School!

Today was Juliette's first day at Preschool. I think I was more nervous than anything, although I did my best to try and hide it. I don't think Juliette caught on because she was very content all the way to the "school house" as she likes to call it, up until I told her that Mama would be back later to pick her up. She immediately began to cry and I told her not to worry, that she would have fun and Mama would be back soon. I kissed her on the cheek and walked out the door. I could still hear her cries as I made my way down the hallway to the front office. After a few minutes of signing last minute paperwork I asked if I could just peek in one last time to see how she was. Through the window I could see Juliette sitting down at the little table along with the other kids, she had a crayon in one hand, but did not seem interested in coloring at the moment. She was studying the room and people around her, she looked a little confused and a little scared but she was not crying. I felt my eyes well up with tears and knew I had to get out before my emotions could get the best of me. I made my way to the car where I could not hold back the tears any longer. After a quick cry and after running all my errands it was time to go and pick up Jules. As I pulled up I could see she was crying, holding the teacher's hand. As soon as she saw me her little face lit up like a light bulb. I scooped her up and gave her a big hug and kiss. Miss Kristy (one of Juliette's teachers) said she transitioned very well and only started crying as she walked her out the door. She said Juliette had a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment