About Juliette

The journey of a 2 year old dealing with speech and other developmental delays.

Monday, August 30, 2010

5 YEARS!

IN 5 YEARS we may have a treatment for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). The #1 genetic killer among children under 2 years old. I'm re-posting this because I realize the last post on this topic was massive and you may not had time to read the information I provided. So here's the 411...

Currently SMA is a death sentence! But there is hope. Do you know that researchers are on the brink of a cure! 5 YEARS!!!! According to the National Institute of Health (NIH) "SMA is the disease CLOSEST to TREATMENT"!

This is important to me for sooo many reasons. 1. Because I am a mother, and 2. Because my mother had Parkinson's disease and my father had Alzeimers disease and research for SMA will benefit advancements in more than 600 neurological disorders like Parkinsons and Alzeimers! I don't know about you but this blows my mind!

A cure is possible with funding. So please do what you can and donate. Be a part of a miracle! Help to save lives! Go to http://www.firstgiving.com/juneangelbaby

Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment