About Juliette

The journey of a 2 year old dealing with speech and other developmental delays.

Friday, August 27, 2010

More New Words!

Today Juliette and I were playing a game that she absolutely loves to play almost daily. I call it the "Swiper Chase". While humming the swiper tune (dah-dah, dah-dah, dah-dah, dah- dah), holding her Swiper doll, I pretend he's lurking at her from behind the couch or coffee table, then he comes after her while she runs and screams in delight. She loves it. Today Daddy asked her "What does Swiper say?" and Juliette responds "Oh Maaan!". It was hilarious and the cutest thing I ever heard. I'm amazed at how much she is saying these days and she hasn't even started speech therapy yet. She actually starts next week so I'm excited to see how much more she will progress with therapy.

On Tuesday morning we took a tour of Tutor Time, a preschool near our house. As we walked in the entrance to the office, Juliette looked around and pointed to the ceiling. She shouted clear as day "octagon"! I looked up and sure enough the entryway ceiling had architectural detailing in the shape of an octagon. Needless to say I was proud as pie and the woman in the office, who was the owner as it turned out, was beyond impressed. She said she has never ever heard anyone notice it before. LOL!

1 comment: